Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pops' China Travel Guide, Shanghai April 2014

Pudong Showing Shangri La Hotel in Middle


Well, I received my VISA today and so I am set for the trip on April 9th. The VISA process using CBIT took about one week. I now have everything complete except packing my bag which I'll start this weekend.


  1. VISA application is complete and back from CBIT
  2. Flight and hotel is booked
  3. Reservation at Skypark at SFO is complete
  4. Reservations and itinerary have been printed out
  5. Printed destinations in both English and Chinese to give to taxi drivers 
I also found something useful from a previous trip to Shanghai. The Sofitel Hotel I stayed at handed out a three fold business card when you checked in that had the address and name of the hotel in both English and Chinese. It also included a map and three other sections divided into sightseeing, shopping and nightlife. All with names in both English and Chinese. This is in the size of a typical business card. Ask your hotel when you check in, they may have something similar. 

Because exchanging currency outside of the hotel is sometimes tricky in China I am taking some cash but will be using ATMs if I need money. Before you leave let your bank know you will be in China. Otherwise they may deny the transaction. 

I'll be staying at the Shangri La Hotel in Pudong. The pictures above are of Pudong. The hotel can be seen in the middle of the bottom picture.


I'll send updates when I get there on the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment