Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pops' China Travel Guide, Shanghai April 2014




Shanghai is a city with two personalities. The Bund side has the older personality where the Pudong side is young and growing all the time. Shanghai is also an international city. Just look at the options to eat. Within a block from my hotel on the Pudong side I had a Hooters, TGI Friday, Paulaner's Munich Brauhaus, McDonalds, KFC, Italian, Australian among others to choose from. For shopping I had the Super Brand Mall next door to my hotel and the IFC mall across the street.





The Super Brand Mall is a nine story mall with every type of shop, restaurant, drug store and supermarket. The IFC mall has to be the most high end mall I have ever been in. In there I saw Tiffany, Cartier, Armani, De Beers, Mikimoto, Louis Vuitton to name a few. Also in the area are some of the tallest high rises in China and the world.

Super Brand Mall





Although there is very little history on the Pudong side there is still a lot to see and do. You need to check out both sides of the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment