Monday, April 21, 2014

Pops' China Travel Guide, Shanghai April 2014



Well, I'm back from China. Sorry that the posts stopped. China blocks social media such as Facebook and Twitter. All of a sudden my access to my own blog stopped. So now I'll get you up to date.

Over the weekend I took my co-worker from Ireland on a tour of Shanghai. We went to the Yu Garden and sampled the night life of Shanghai. Since we are both Liverpool fans we watched the Liverpool vs Manchester City match on Sunday night at the Shanghai Brewery in the French Concession.

I did something on Wednesday I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. For work I did a day trip to Beijing to visit a customer. The flight from Shanghai to Beijing is about 2 hours. I left the hotel at 6am and arrived in Beijing at 10:40am. After a day with the customer I flew back at 8pm and arrived back at my hotel at 11:30pm. That was too long of a day! Highlights of the day were having Peking Duck for lunch and buying duck tongue at the airport to bring back to the states. I am bringing the duck tongue to my cooks at my favorite Chinese restaurant in Folsom.

My next post will be pictures that I took during the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment