Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pops' Costa Rica Travel Guide, March 2014

I am starting an 8 day trip to Costa Rica today for both work and pleasure. Along the way I'll be documenting my experiences and to show that I not only write about travel tips but use them myself.

I'm packed and have made all my reservations, including parking, and I am on my way. I'll be driving from Sacramento to San Francisco where I am taking the Avianca 561 flight leaving SFO at 12:25 am and arriving in San Jose, Costa Rica at 9:45 am the same day. I have a short layover in El Salvador for about 45 minutes. With the 2 hour time difference the total time of the trip is 7 hours and 20 minutes.

First stop is Skypark parking at SFO. I have already booked a reservation for valet parking outdoors at $17/day. The shuttle is waiting for me and all I have to do is drop the car off, pick up a validation ticket and board the shuttle. No hassles, just the way I like it.

I am checked in and waiting for my flight to board. My plan is to find my seat and try to sleep all the way to El Salvador. The flight from El Salvador to Costa Rica is only 1 hour 15 minutes. I can use that time to enjoy the beautiful scenery, volcanoes and pacific coastline, and relax. Tomorrow I'll let you know how the sleeping part went. I can't always sleep on a plane. If it goes well I'll be fresh and in Costa Rica with a full day ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment