Friday, November 1, 2013

Travel China by Train


 
 
I have to relate an experience I had while traveling the train from Changsha to Zhangjiajie. This was a shorter trip so no overnight train and no high speed rail. I also sat in the normal car and not the soft sleeper. While I sat there enjoying the scenery a man walked in with a box under his arm and a bucket in the other. He stopped in the middle of the car and dumped the bucket of water on the floor. He then took a shammy from the box and, all the while talking in Chinese, proceeded to soak up the water and put it back into the bucket. At that time I realized that I was in an infomercial on the train. When he was finished making his pitch people started raising their hands and he went to each one selling the shammy.

I never would have experienced anything like that on a tour bus.
 
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment