Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pops’ Copenhagen Travel Guide – Part 7, Places to Eat



Copenhagen has a lot of options when it comes to food.
 
Noma is the top rated restaurant in the world. Reservations should be made months in advance and it is very expensive. All the food comes locally with some of it gathered in fields and along the beaches of Denmark. If you can’t afford Noma don’t worry, there are plenty of great places to eat in Copenhagen. A Hereford Beefstouw is a Danish steakhouse chain. There is one at the entrance of Tivoli that I have eaten at. The food is very good and it is centrally located. Nyhavn has a lot of restaurants and bars along the canal. In and around Strøget are many restaurants to choose from offering anything from fast food to nice sit down restaurants. Stroll around and every once a while an alley will open up into a square that you wouldn’t think existed and in the square you will find many places to eat. If you face Tivoli and go to the right there is a Hard Rock Café. I have found that when you are traveling abroad and crave American food the Hard Rock Café food tastes the same everywhere. Real ketchup is hard to find, especially in Asia. The Hard Rock will have American branded ketchup for your burger. Also, to the right of Tivoli and a few blocks away is an artistic area of Copenhagen with a great restaurant for burgers. I always have the bacon cheeseburger. You can sit outside and if there is a chill you can ask for a blanket. Sorry, I can’t remember the name but if you want I can find out from my cousin.

My son’s favorite places to eat though are the hotdog wagons. They are scattered throughout the city and each has its own spot based on seniority. His favorite food is the French Hotdog. It is a hotdog bun with one end cut off and hollow inside. They will put mustard, ketchup, etc.  inside and then slide the hotdog inside the bun. I have to admit it is very good and don’t know why I can’t find one here. 

You won’t have a problem finding a good place to eat in Copenhagen.


1 comment:

  1. My cousin in Copenhagen got back to me on the hamburger restaurant in the artist section of Copenhagen The restaurant is called Carlton. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete