Saturday, October 26, 2013

Napa Valley Day Trip


One of the perks of living in Northern California is Napa Valley.Napa Valley to me is like going to another country. Prepare to relax and enjoy. In my opinion October is the best time of year to go there as the weather is perfect. Visiting Napa Valley on a weekday is also perfect as the crowds are thinner.

Yesterday I took my parents to Domaine Chandon in Yountville for lunch at their E'toile restaurant. It was their 61st wedding anniversary. I have been going there for over 35 years. It is not just lunch, it is an experience. We were there for two and half hours of incredible food, their fantastic sparkling wine, (not champagne as this is a French company and champagne only comes from France) , and good company. The only negative was we just missed out eating outside as the weather is starting to cool down. With older parents though it worked out better since it may have been too chilly outside.

If you are in Napa Valley I would recommend visiting the winery. They have a beautiful tasting area where you can taste their sparkling and still wines. If you want to have lunch there I would recommend a reservation. If you can't do lunch the tasting area has food to order. Sit outside by the oak trees and relax. The grounds are very beautiful.

For more information on Domaine Chandon visit http://www.chandon.com/ or you can always contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment