Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Copenhagen Walking Tour




While in Copenhagen this August I took my cousin Sandy and friends on a walking tour. We started at Rosenborg Castle with a self-guided tour of the castle and treasury (see prior post). From there we walked to the palace and out to the harbor where walking to the left along the water we found the Little Mermaid and one of my favorite fountains of a Norse Goddess. After lunch we walked to Our Savior Church and walked to the top. The view is one of the best in Copenhagen as you can see 360 degrees. I have to admit that I didn't make it to the top as it spirals around the steeple on the outside and the steps get progressively smaller. I have a problem with heights and only made it 3/4 of the way up. By the time we came down it was time to get ready for dinner and drinks later on.

If you want more information on a walking tour of Copenhagen check out my prior posts from other trips.

Copenhagen is a perfect city for walking or biking. I saw some people buying transit passes which I think are a waste of money. The center of the city is all available by walking. Use transit only if you want to see some of the outlying areas.








No comments:

Post a Comment