Monday, August 19, 2019

Stratford Upon Avon


Park at Stratford Upon Avon

Toward the end of my week in England I was looking for a place to go after York and before the F1 race in Silverstone. I had a lot of options and decided to visit the birthplace of Shakespeare.

Shakespeare's Home

Shakespeare's Grave


First impression is if you want to see history and at the same time relax in a peaceful location this is the place to go. Stratford has many pubs and restaurants as well as a beautiful park along the Avon. It is an easy walk from the house where Shakespeare grew up to the church where he is buried. I was there on a Saturday and there were concerts in the park as well as outside plays in other areas of the park. It was nice to just sit down with some ice cream and take in the sites and sounds.


Canal Cruise


For meals you won't have a problem finding a place to eat. You can find anything from new establishments to pubs dating back hundreds of years. If you get off the main streets you can find a nice quiet place on a side street.

I would recommend taking a canal tour on one of the boats. The views are beautiful and the ride is peaceful. They leave from the park area and last about 40 minutes.

Royal Shakespeare Company Theater


That night I made reservations to see The Royal Shakespeare Company performing Measure for Measure at the Royal Shakespeare Company theater. I would say it is a must do if you are in Stratford.  I wanted to eat dinner on the rooftop restaurant at the theater but found out I needed a reservation even for one person. Next time I'll know better. The play was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment