Wednesday, August 28, 2019

British Grand Prix, Silverstone



I was lucky enough this year to go to the British Grand Pix at Silverstone which has been hosting the race since 1948. I have been trying to attend a different F1 race every year and this one was my 7th. Silverstone is the site of a RAF base and has a lot of history.

View from my seat
I went to the race decked out in my Red Bull gear and there was representation from every team but you could tell that most were for Louis Hamilton, not necessarily for Mercedes. If you don't already know Hamilton is British. Louis didn't disappoint as he and Mercedes won the race and are running away with the championship this year.

Here are some helpful hints

  • Buy your tickets early. I ended up getting mine from a third party site.
  • Don't drive to the circuit. I drove to the railway station in Northampton where I parked and took the shuttle from there. The same can be done at the Milton Keyes station. After the race the buses are lined up and you hop on your bus destination and as soon as it fills up it leaves. Otherwise traffic is backed up with people trying to drive out. 
  • For the 3 days of the race stay anywhere close to Northampton or Milton Keyes and drive or taxi to the railway station each day.
  • On race day get there early as there is a lot of pre-race entertainment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment