Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Pops' Travel Guide, Monte Carlo Luxury Condo's, Jaco, Costa Rica



Well, I'm back from another perfect trip to Jaco, Costa Rica. On this trip I brought along a friend who was visiting Costa Rica for the first time. So, I was able to relive experiences through showing them to John for the first time. At the end of the week John told me that this was the best vacation he has ever been on. 

I wanted to start by writing about our accommodations in Jaco. I usually stay in a hotel but for this trip I decided to stay in a condo. After a lot of research I decided to stay at the Monte Carlo Luxury Condos in the heart of Jaco. Since I have stayed in Jaco many years I was familiar with the area but not the condo itself.

The Monte Carlo is made up of about twenty units with only two floors. The complex is fairly new. and well kept. Ours was on the ground floor with our patio just a few feet from the pool. The inside has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom has an on-suite bathroom with a nice shower and two sinks. The other bedroom also had a queen size bed and a bathroom down the hall. That bathroom had a bath/shower combination. The floors are tile and the counter tops were granite. There was also a large living room. The living room and bedrooms all had a flat screen tv, ceiling fans and fully furnished. The kitchen was also fully stocked with dishes, silverware and glasses as well as a coffee pot, crock pot, pots and pans for cooking. There was also a dishwasher and a washer dryer that we took advantage of.






Now for the experience. Staying in a hotel is nice and you usually meet people during your stay. Some you may end up staying in touch with. In the Monte Carlo you will have residents that live there year round, people that stay there every year and all know each other and people that are staying there for the first time like myself. By the end of the week I think I can fit into the second category as I made a lot of friends and I plan on staying there on future trips. I have to say that hotels have their place and sometimes you need that experience. Staying at the Monte Carlo had a completely different vibe. We met some friends that I will stay in touch with. There was more than one night where we had a patio full of friends over for wine. During the day we stayed at the pool and shared experiences. I don't know if it was the condo but this had to be one of the most relaxing vacations for me.

Here comes the logistics. The Monte Carlo is located in the heart of Jaco across the street from the beach. It would take less than five minutes to walk to the beach. There is a small shopping center next door with a grocery store, pharmacy, KFC and Pizza Hut. It was nice to go to the store for snacks, bottled water and beer to fill the fridge. There are also two ATM's in the grocery store. You can get your money in either Colonies or Dollars. For dining you can stay in the complex and cook your own food, they also have a community grill by the pool, or you can walk to the main street which is only a few yards away, for hundreds of eating options. Being across the main street from the beach it was very quiet there. It was a perfect place to relax.

The office at the Monte Carlo will handle all of your needs. Christian will be glad to help. I arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport, made dinner reservations, booked excursions, and rented a car through the office staff. For the rental car they even had the rental agency bring the car to our condo unit where we filled out the paperwork on our patio.

The condo is very reasonably priced for the week. If you have a friend or another couple traveling with you, you can split the cost. That with the fact that you can buy snacks or meals at the grocery store makes for a very inexpensive vacation.

I would highly recommend the Monte Carlo for a pleasant vacation experience.

For more information visit their site http://www.jacomontecarlo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment