Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pops' Travel Guide, Mariposa Hotel, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica



We took a drive one hour south of Jaco on the Pacific Coast to tour Manuel Antonio Park. I'll talk about the park in the next post. After walking the park we went to the Mariposa Hotel to relax, watch the sunset and have dinner.

In Spanish Mariposa means butterfly and that is the symbol of the hotel. The hotel sits on top of a mountain high above the coast with incredible views of the Manuel Antonio beach and the sunset every night. I haven't stayed there but I do plan to stay there on a future trip. What I like to do is either have lunch or dinner and drinks while taking in the view. The hotel has two infinity pools facing the ocean. There is a smaller swim-up pool by the bar and a larger pool below.




The service is great and we ended up having the same waiter at the bar and then for dinner. He made sure we had a table with a perfect view of the sunset. For food, there had many options. In the bar I had Ceviche which has to be the freshest and tastiest I have ever had. For dinner I had the surf and turf which was a rib-eye and grilled shrimp combo.




I can't comment on the rooms since I haven't stayed there but if you get an ocean facing room you won't be disappointed. I checked the room rates and they are very reasonable and breakfast is included.

For more information visit their site Mariposa Hotel .


No comments:

Post a Comment