Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pops' Travel Guide, United Airlines Cuts Going Too Far

I hate to start a post on a recent trip on a bad note but unfortunately that is the way the trip started. I know airlines are cutting back and charging for things like extra bags and food. On September 4th we started a trip to Milan leaving from San Francisco. I am a Mileage Plus Member and booked the trip on United Airlines. I can understand not getting a meal on my leg from San Francisco to Newark but on this leg, which was about 6 hours, the plane had zero entertainment. No movies, no music, nothing. Traveling 6 hours like this was torture.

My advice is that when booking a flight do some additional homework. Check what is offered on your flight. Our flight from Newark to Zurich had complimentary non-alcoholic drinks but charged for beer, wine, etc. I am used to international flights offering alcohol. American Airlines offers complimentary beer and wine on their international flights. Other airlines offer even more. Last April I flew Delta to China and we had complimentary alcohol and entertainment on demand.

If sitting on a plane for 6 hours with no entertainment is ok with you then United Airlines may be your thing. If you expect a little more for your flying experience then shop around.

#noboozeonunited, #noentertainmentonunited


No comments:

Post a Comment